Artist Demos 11:00 -‐ 1:30
Studios will be open and artists will be demonstrating their handcraft techniques. Don’t miss the opportunity to tour our beautiful campus, see artisans at work and meet our talented instructors. We will also offer a demonstration of 3D Printing!
Gallery Exhibit Opening 11:00 -‐ 1:30
“Traditions Preserved” This exhibit includes the work from all of our children’s summer workshops as well as works from our talented faculty.
Sculpture Unveiling 1:30
Come celebrate the newest addition to the Brookfield Craft Center’s collection of permanent public art! Unveiling at the Lynn Tendler Bigwell Fiber Studio.
What our Talented Artisans will be Demonstrating on June 28th
- Christine Wilkinson will be working with a Rigid Heddle Loom
- Kathy Van Duzee will be creating a Bargello Quilt
- Cecilia Marshall will be demonstrating Silk Painting
- Matthew Parkinson will be Blacksmithing
- Chris Doherty will also be Blacksmithing
- Jim Degen will be Turning Wood
- Suzanne Pisano will be creating Fused Glass Plates and bowls
- Maureen Henriques will be crafting Lamp Glass Beads
- Ken Rist will be demoing new technology at BCC – 3D Printing
- Leslie Smith will be creating Plastic Tubing Sculptural Basketry
- Erin DeLuca will be Silversmithing
- Viola Galetta will be Beading
- Lanette Berber will be demonstrating Metalsmith work
- Our potters will be demonstrating Hand Building and Throwing
Keep an eye out for our upcoming July class schedule – coming soon!
Brookfield Craft Center
286 Whisconier Road
Brookfield, Conn. 06804
Press Contact: Joanne Hunter
(203)241-9206 Email: email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BROOKFIELD CRAFT CENTER TO HOLD OPEN STUDIO DEMO DAY AND GALLERY EVENTS
Community Invited to Attend This Free Event
June 1, 2014, Brookfield, Conn.—The Brookfield Craft Center Board of Directors announced today that it will hold an open studio demo day in celebration of the tradition of hand craft. The event coincides with the “Traditions Preserved” gallery exhibit opening, which will include the work from recent children’s crafting workshops, as well as works from the Craft Center’s talented faculty, and with the unveiling of a sculpture, which will become part of the Center’s permanent collection. A demonstration of 3D printing will also be featured.
“We are thrilled to re-open the campus of the Craft Center to the public,” said Joanne Hunter, a member of the Center’s Board of Directors.” “This promises to be a great, family-friendly event that will help the community get re-acquainted and re-engaged with all that Brookfield Craft Center has to offer.”
Mary McDaniel, co-Chairman of the Craft Center’s Board of Directors added, “Our Board has worked very hard over the winter months to create a new vision, with the goal of securing the future of the Craft Center as an integral part of Brookfield’s Four Corners district revitalization. Through both the historic nature of our campus and the beauty of the river running through it, the Craft Center will be a place for the community and families to come together, create, relax, and re-connect.”
The studio demos and gallery exhibit opening take place between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 28th. The sculpture unveiling takes place at 1:30 p.m. There is no charge to attend and all are welcome. For more information, please visit www.brookfieldcraft.org.