2021 Summer Youth Program
Registration is now open.
Brookfield Craft Center is offering an exciting opportunity for our communities’ youth. Youth ages 6 to 16 will be able to explore their creativity in our 2021 Hands-On Art Summer Youth Program.
Our Hands-On Summer Youth Program is a great alternative to full-day summer-long programs. Our small groups allow students to receive individual attention from the instructor in a warm, family-like atmosphere. We offer four one-week sessions with half-day and full-day options. Ages for classes are broken up into 6-10 and 11-16 unless otherwise noted in the class description.
Every class will have an experienced artist to help the students learn basic skills in various craft mediums. Space is limited and classes fill quickly. Early sign up is encouraged. Classes will run:
July 5 – 9 | July 19 – 23 | August 2- 6 | August 16 – 20
Morning session: 9–12pm | Afternoon session: 1–4pm
A supervised lunch time session is available for children staying on campus between the morning and afternoon sessions for an additional $40. Lunches are not provided.
- Glass Bead Making – Glass Studio
- Fused Glass Fun – Glass Studio
- World of Turning- Woodturning Studio
- Play With Clay – Ceramics Studio
- Pinch & Coil Pots – Ceramics Studio
- Weaving Wonders – Fiber Studio
- Tiny Stabs! Sashiko Japanese Embroidery – Fiber Studio
- Blacksmith Basics – Forge
- Advanced Blacksmith – Forge
- Art of the Graphic Novel – Painting & Drawing
- Video Game Design – Modern Craft Studio
- 3-D Design & Printing – Modern Craft Studio
- Hands on Henna – Painting & Drawing
- Digital Drawing – Modern Craft Studio
- Sketch & Paint With Pens & Watercolor – Painting & Drawing
- and many more
Hands-On Art at the Brookfield Craft Center is supported by the Give Back Brands Foundation.
Thanks to funding from this organization and the State of Connecticut, Brookfield Craft Center is able to offer exciting opportunities for children (ages 6 to 16) to explore their creative energies. Recipients will receive free tuition for a class of their choice. The scholarship will also cover materials and registration fees.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen by a panel of Brookfield Craft Center staff. The panel will review the applications and select those that reflect the strongest need and desire to experience and explore creative opportunities.
To apply, please fill in the form below and click the submit button. You will be informed of the award within a few days of submission.