BROOKFIELD CRAFT CENTER ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
I the undersigned, hereby release Brookfield Craft Center, Inc. (“BCC”), its officers, directors, members, employees and agents, from any liability, loss, damage, costs, claims and/or causes of actions, including but not limited to all bodily and personal injuries and death and property damage arising out of my participation in any course taught by anyone at BCC or arising out of my participation in or attendance at any organized event at BCC or arising out of my use of the facilities (studios) of BCC or my presence during such use by any other person. I specifically understand that said activities include the operation and use by the undersigned and/or others of tools and equipment , the use of which requires care and can lead to injury to the operator or others. This Release is given on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns. Furthermore,
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify BCC and its officers, directors, members, employees and agents, from any and all loss or damage related to my participation in any such activity and/or the use of any such tools or equipment.
- I understand that there are inherent and other risks involved in the use of tools and equipment, and I freely and voluntarily assume and accept those risks.
- I hereby release BCC, its officers, directors, members, employees and agents, from any and all liability for bodily and personal injury, death or property damage to myself or to any person or property resulting from the design, selection, installation, maintenance, adjustment, supervision or use of BCC’s facilities and/or the tools and equipment used in such activities, including but not limited to any claim based upon NEGLIGENCE, breach of warranty, contract or other legal theory. I accept and assume for myself, my heirs and assigns, the full responsibility for any and all such damage, injury or death that may result even if due to the NEGLIGENCE of an officer, director, member, employee or agent of BCC .
- I hereby authorize BCC to use, for promotional purposes, any photos of me and my work taken while on campus.
- I understand and agree that certain course materials and online courses may be intellectual property of the BCC or its instructors. I shall not reproduce, transmit, store or use the course materials and online courses in any other form without the prior written permission of the BCC and/or its instructor.
- This agreement is governed by the applicable law of the State of Connecticut.