The Miller’s house cerca 1913. Seen from Federal Road.
Brookfield Craft Center is beginning the process of restoration of the historic Miller’s House. The house located on Whisconier Road just to the east of four corners in the Town Center district, was built in the 1790’s. It is a two-story colonial house with center chimney and is listed on the state register of Historic Places. The building was originally the residence of the owner and operator of the grist mill, that is now home to Brookfield Craft Center’s administrative offices, gift shop, gallery, jewelry studio and meeting room. The building was remodeled in the 1830’s in the Greek Revival style by William D. Meeker.
It has previously served as a residence for visiting artists and Brookfield Craft Center is planning to use the building once again, once it is restored, as a home for artists in residence and visiting artists teaching in its studios.
We are currently seeking funding for this effort. If you would like to donate, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org